CSR Generation Instruction - IFactory Commerce Builder
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
To generate a CSR in IFactory Commerce Builder follow the instructions below:
1. Select the HTTP server that you want to be secure.
2. Select the SSL tab on the main screen.
3. The next thing you need to do is name the secure server with the following information:
Common Name: usually www.registered domain name.com
E-Mail address: i.e. webmaster@registered domain name.com
Organization: Company Name
Organizational Unit: i.e. Research & Development
State or Province: i.e. California
Country: i.e. US
4. Next you must generate the certificate request. Select the certificate request button and you will be prompted to enter the following information:
Locality - usually being the city
5. Select the generate button after all the above information is entered and the server will take a minute or so to generate the request. You will get back a confirmation screen informing you that the certificate has been generated.
6. Select the view certificate information button and click on the certificate request tab and there will be a CSR in the text area below the tabs. Select the copy button so that the request can be pasted into the request form.
You will now have a valid CSR which can be pasted into the Thawte request form.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.