CSR Generation Instruction - Orion Web Server
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
Orion Webserver Keygen Instructions
Creating a keystore with a certificate:
1. keytool -genkey -keyalg "RSA" -keystore keystore -storepass 123456 -validity 360
2. keytool -certreq -keyalg "RSA" -file my.host.com.csr -keystore keystore
3. Submit your CSR to Thawte.
4. paste the certificate once issued into my.host.com.cer
5. keytool -keystore keystore -keyalg "RSA" -import -trustcacerts -file my.host.com.cer
You should now have a keystore file in your current directory
Creating a secure site:
1. Copy the default-web-site.xml config in the /config directory to secure-web-site.xml and edit it.
2. Add secure="true" as an attribute to the
4. Install the site, this is done by adding %lt;web-site path="./secure-web-site.xml" /> the site to server.xml.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.