CSR Generation Instruction - PowerWeb Servers
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
These instructions were submitted by the PowerWeb development team, firstname.lastname@example.org , which can also be found on the web at http://www.compusource.co.za/ .
To generate a CSR for the PowerWeb series of secure web servers:
1. Point your browser at the /admin/powerpad.htm page on your server
2. Select the menu item "Certificate" under the "Security" column.
3. Select the sub-menu choice "Request a Server Certificate".
4. Fill in the form as prompted and press the "Offline Request" submit button.
5. Cut the text in the edit box (which is your CSR) and paste it into the Thawte online form.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.