SSL Certificates Installation Instruction - Apple PowerSchool Server
Please install your Certificate using the following instructions:
1. Copy your SSL Certificate from the email that send the admin email.
- Enter your Order Number and password (if one was set).
- You will be presented with various formats which you can download your certificate in. Leave it on standard format.
- Click on the 'Fetch Certificate' button.
2. Copy and paste the Certifcate text from the page and paste it into a generic text document(i.e notepad).
3. Save the file with the name cert.pem to the .../PowerSchool/System/Security/ folder.
The SSL Certificate and private key are now installed. It is recommended that you maintain a copy(backup) of your private key(keyout.pem) file in a secure location.
Configure SSL Web Settings:
The PowerSchool server allows enabling SSL web independently from SSL PowerGrade. This section covers how to configure SSL web and assumes you completed the steps in the section "SSL Certificate."
1. Start the PowerSchool server.
2. Log in as the administrator.
3. Click System Administrator.
4. Click System Settings.
5. Click Server Settings.
6. Select the SSL checkbox for the web server in the Web Server Settings section.
It is not necessary to modify the port number. SSL web will use only port 80 to redirect hits to an SSL connection and port 443 for SSL connections. Leave the remaining settings the same.
7. Click Submit. The PowerSchool server will reset. If the SSL Certificate file, private key file, and SSL private key password are correct, the PowerSchool server will now only use SSL for web server communication.