SSL Certificates Installation Instruction - Cobalt Raq 550
1. Select Server Management > Security > SSL . The Certificate Information for Server Desktop screen appears along with its associated buttons
2. To create a new self-signed certificate, click Create Self-Signed Certificate and configure the selections as follows:
City . The city in which the organization is located or registered. It is important that this information is correct and can be verified with a local, regional, or national government, or other official organization.
State or Province . The state, province, or region in which the above city is located. It is important that this information is correct and can be verified with a local, regional, or national government or other official organization.
Country . Select the country in which the organization that will use this certificate is located or registered. It is important that this information is correct and can be verified with a local, regional, or national government or other official organization.
Organization . The official name of the organization owning this certificate. In order to obtain a signed certificate from a certificate authority, the organization name and location must be verifiable with a local, regional, or national government or other official organization. In addition, the certificate authority must be able to verify that the person requesting the certificate is the owner or employee of the named organization.
Organization Unit . The division or unit of the organization that is using this certificate. This is optional, but may be useful if the person applying for a signed certificate is an employee of a subsidiary of a larger organization.
Contact Email . The email address to be contacted for information about this certificate.
Certificate Expiration Date . The date after which the certificate should no longer be considered valid by client software attempting to connect to this server.
3. Click Create Signing Request to create a certificate signing request. The Signing Request Information for Server Desktop screen appears
. Note: In some cases, the state and province information does not apply, depending on the country and how it is divided into different areas.
4. After the fields are filled in, activate the Generate Self-Signed Certificate checkbox. This allows you to generate a self-signed certificate along with the signing request. The self-signed certificate can be used temporarily while you wait for the Certificate Authority to process your signing request. The certificate signing request can be submitted to a Certificate Authority to
create a signed certificate that Web browsers can verify as authentic.
5. Click Import to import a signed certificate
6. Click Browse to select the text file containing the certificate to import.
The certificate file must contain both the private key and certificate sections if you are transferring it from another server. If the certificate is from a certificate authority to which you submitted a certificate signing request generated by this server, only the certificate is necessary, but it is okay if a private key is included with the signed certificate.