CSR Generation Instruction - Oracle Wallet Manager
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
To generate Private Key and CSR pair in Oracle Wallet Manager, please follow the instructions listed below:
1. From the menu bar, choose 'Operations > Create Certificate Request'
The 'Create Certificate' dialog box appears.
2. Enter the following information in the required fields:
Common Name: Enter the exact host and domain name that you require to secure.
(Example: If you wish to secure www.domain.com, then you need to enter this exact domain name into this field.)
Organizational Unit: Enter the name of the identity's Organizational Unit.
Organization: Enter the name of the identity's Organization.
(Example: XYZ Corporation)
Locality/City: Enter the name of the locality or city in which the identity resides.
State/Province: Enter the full name of the state or province in which the identity resides.
Note: Enter the full State Name, as some Certificate Authorities do not accept two-letter abbreviations.
Country: Choose the drop-down list to view a list of country abbreviations. Select the country in which the Organization is located.
Key Size: Choose the drop-down box to view a list of key sizes to use when creating the public/private key pair.
Advanced: Optional. Choose Advanced to view the Advanced Certificate Request dialog panel. Use this field to edit or customize the identity's distinguished name (DN). For example, you can edit the full state name and locality.
3. Choose 'OK'.
An Oracle Wallet Manager dialog box informs you that a certificate request was successfully created.
You can either copy the certificate request text from the body of this dialog panel and paste it into an e-mail message to send to a certificate authority, or you can export the certificate request to a file.
4. Choose 'OK'. You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window; the status of the certificate is changed to 'Requested'.
Export CSR into text file for submission to a Certification Authority :
1. From the menu bar, choose 'Operations > Export Certificate Request'
The 'Export Certificate Request' dialog box appears.
2. Enter the file system directory in which you want to save the Certificate Request, or navigate to the directory structure under 'Folders'.
3. In the 'Enter File Name' field, enter a file name to save your Certificate Request.
4. Choose 'OK'. A message at the bottom of the window confirms that the Certificate Request was successfully exported to the file.
You are returned to the Oracle Wallet Manager main window.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.