CSR Generation Instruction - WebSite Professional Server
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
To create a certificate request, do the following steps:
1. Open Server Properties (enter the Key Ring password if requested) and click "Key Ring". If this is a new Website Pro installation and you have not previously opened Server Properties, you will be prompted to create a password for the Key Ring at this time.
2. Click New Key Pair or right click in the window and select New Key Pair from the context menu. The first page of the New Key Pair Wizard appears.
3. Click Next to start building the Distinguished Name (DN), which consists of several pieces of information collected by the wizard.
4. Go through the wizard and enter all the information you will need for the CSR (Certificate Signing request)
5. You can save the request file as a .txt file , click Next.
6. When the process is complete, the Congratulations page appears. Click Done to exit the wizard. The Key Ring page adds the certificate request to the list of certificates and trusted roots. The request is identified by the key-question mark icon.
7. Make a backup copy of the Key Ring database file, located in \WebSite\Admin\website-key.
8. Make a backup copy of the certificate signing request just created by the wizard (by default, request files are located in the \WebSite\Admin directory).
9. Store the backup copies on a removable disk.
10. You can now Request your Certificate online.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.