CSR Generation Instruction - Netscape Commerce
An Important Note Before You Start
By far the most common problem users have when going through this process is related to private keys. If you lose or cannot access a private key, you cannot use the certificate we issue to you and will need to request a free reissue. To ensure this never happens, we advise that a backup of the private key file is made and that a note is made of the password that is used to protect the export of the private key.
Here are the instructions to generate your private key and CSR in Netscape Commerce:
1. After you have installed Netscape Commerce server, start up the admin server and connect to it.
2. Select the server you want to run in secure mode and you will be presented with a page entitled "Netscape Server Manager - Commerce Server".
3. Under "Security Configuration" there is a link called "generate a key".
4. Select it and follow the instructions. This creates your private key. Next, select "request a certificate" to generate a CSR.
5. In the space where it asks for a Certificate authority enter your own email address.
6. A copy of the CSR will be mailed to you by the server - you can keep this for future reference.
When you have completed the form, submit it. The resulting page gives you your CSR. It looks like this:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
Copy your CSR from that page, and save it for future reference.
This is the CSR that you have to paste into the Thawte Server Certification request form during Step 2.
Start the certificate request process
To submit the CSR to WoSign for processing you should start the certificate enrollment process.